[Accessibility-atspi] ANNOUNCE: at-spi2 0.3.4 released

Mike Gorse mgorse at novell.com
Mon Jun 28 15:50:11 PDT 2010

AT-SPI2 0.3.4 is now available for download at:

http://download.gnome.org/sources/pyatspi/0.3/
http://download.gnome.org/sources/at-spi2-core/0.3/
http://download.gnome.org/sources/at-spi2-atk/0.3/

Notes
=====

A list of work required before the full release can be found at:

http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/BonoboDeprecation

What's changed in AT-SPI2 0.3.4
===============================

pyatspi:
* Listen for AddAccessible and RemoveAccessible at the DesktopCache level.
This fixes a regression with Firefox for instance that was introduced in v0.3.3.

core:
* Added GetChildren to the spec.

Atk:
* Ref an object while adding it to the message generated by GetItems.
This prevents a crash if all other references to the objects go away while
it is being analyzed.

* Add GetChildren to the introspection.

* Fix NSelectedRows and NSelectedColumns.

* Fix the behavior of ChildCount and GetChildAtIndex for sockets with
embedded plugs.

* Fix extra unref when calling get_row_header or get_column_header on a
table, or calling atk_hyperlink_get_object.

* Set the /desktop/gnome/interface/at-spi-dbus gconf key to false by default
(this key is only used when at-spi2 is relocated, which it is not by default).

* Fix a few compiler warnings.

What is AT-SPI2
===============

AT-SPI2 is a D-Bus based accessibility framework. It defines a D-Bus
protocol for providing and accessing application accessibility
information. The project includes a library for bridging the D-Bus
protocol to the ATK API, allowing Gtk based applications to be made
accessible. It also contains a client (AT) side library in Python.

Where can I get more information about AT-SPI2

The project wiki is available at:

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Accessibility/ATK/AT-SPI/AT-SPI_on_D-Bus

A page detailing the project plan can be found at:

http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/BonoboDeprecation

How can I contribute to AT-SPI2?
================================

We are actively seeking contributors to help us make this the standard
a11y framework for Gnome. We need help testing with Gnome accessibility
technologies, improving performance, and generally tying up loose ends.
The above-referenced page contains a list of known issues that should be
fixed.

IRC   : #a11y on Gimpnet
E-Mail: accessibility-atspi at lists.linux-foundation.org

Development repositories can be found at:

git://git.gnome.org/pyatspi2
git://git.gnome.org/at-spi2-core
git://git.gnome.org/at-spi2-atk