[Accessibility-ia2] Agenda for FSGA IA2 meeting - Feb 6, 2007

Pete Brunet brunet at us.ibm.com
Mon Feb 5 23:04:56 PST 2007

Agenda
* Introductions
* Microsoft reviewed the IA2 spec.  Recommendations:
  - Don't use get_accRole for IA2 roles; add IAccessible2::role
  - Don't use OBJID_IAAPPLICATION - use QueryService to ask the queried
object for the object that implements IAApplication
  - Use IA2Point in IAImage::imagePosition instead of separate x/y
parameters
  - Add documentation about the fact that QueryService on an IAccessible
must be used to get access to the IA2 interface on an IA2 object
* Janina: Any LF charter text showing support of IA2?
* Janina: Any thoughts on a math transformation standard and working
group?
* Does IAText::attribute need a "math" attribute to mark what text should
be transformed?
* IA2 Tool Progress - Michael Stewart
* No progress on the following:
  - Bugzilla now has components for IAccessible2 and IA2 Debug Tool
    * I went through the archives and compiled a list of potential bugs
and Aaron Leventhal (FireFox accessibility) sent me some more
    * I will enter these into bugzilla
  - BZR
    * I made my first change but can't get it pushed back to the server
    * Asked support to move branch point down one level from a11yspecs to
ia2 so we don't get the non-ia2 stuff when checking out
    * A tree and branch point for the debug tool has been requested
    * A patch submission process is being developed
* What else needs to be discussed?
* What IA2 information do you need?
* What IA2 issues need resolution soon?  Target date?
* What would you like to see done?
  * Directory of Programs - Steve Lee
    * I have some input for Steve
  * Developer Guide
    * This has been started; Pete to organize; who can help?
      * Sueann Nichols
  * Wikipedia entry?
  * Others?

Please send me additional agenda items.

Pete Brunet

IBM Accessibility Architecture and Development
11501 Burnet Road, MS 9022E004, Austin, TX 78758
Voice: (512) 838-4594, TL 678-4594, Fax: (512) 838-9666
Ionosphere: WS4G