[Accessibility-ia2] Papi (Python accessibility) 0.0.6 with MSAA wrapper

Marcus von Appen mva at sysfault.org
Tue Aug 5 13:26:05 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm sorry for spamming those three lists, but I thought this might be
interesting for the one or other developer on those. I just released
Papi 0.0.6, a python wrapper around ATK and (introducing with this
release) now MSAA (IA2 will come by time, too).

Papi enables developers to spend (nearly) any python application
accessibility support without the need to install third party toolkits,
such as PyGTK or wxWidgets.

Interested developers are recommended to take a look at it. You can
download it from [0]. As it is a more or less pure wrapper around the
mentioned toolkits, there is nearly no documentation for now. That will
change (hopefully) soon.

A future version (possibly 0.0.7) will also contain a python wrapper
around those toolkits, so that you just have to subclass and fill a
handful of interfaces in order to have platform-independent
accessibility support.

[0] http://sourceforge.net/projects/ocemp

Regards
Marcus