[Accessibility-ia2] Minutes for the Open Accessibility IA2 meeting - May 27, 2008

James Teh jamie at jantrid.net
Tue May 27 16:37:30 PDT 2008

Regarding item 9:
> • David Bolter suggested that we might also want a constant that causes the object and all its
> containing objects to be scrolled into view.
Note that as I understand it, this is what Gecko's SCROLL_TYPE_ANYWHERE
does, except that it only scrolls if necessary. In other words, it seems
closer to David's IA2_SCROLL_TYPE_BUBBLE_ONLY_IF_NECESSARY. I notice you
emailed the list asking if this was the case, but it's probably worth
noting in the minutes that the second suggestion would scroll even if
the object is already in view, whereas SCROLL_TYPE_ANYWHERE scrolls the
minimum amount possible.

Here is the documentation from Mozilla on SCROLL_TYPE_ANYWHERE:
> /**
>  * Scroll an object the minimum amount necessary in order for the entire
>  * frame to be visible (if possible).
>  */
(from
http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/accessible/public/nsIAccessibleTypes.idl#88)

I'm not sure I follow the "entire frame to be visible" bit. "Frame" in
the context of the web normally refers to the container of a document
(i.e. a frame or iframe), but I'm not sure that was the intended meaning
in this case.

Jamie