[Accessibility-ia2] Missing info for link activated and link selected events

Pete Brunet pete at a11ysoft.com
Fri Mar 5 15:27:51 PST 2010

Carolyn MacLeod noticed that there is a problem with these two events:

IA2_EVENT_HYPERTEXT_LINK_ACTIVATED  One of the links associated with the
hypertext object has been activated.
IA2_EVENT_HYPERTEXT_LINK_SELECTED   One of the links associated with the
hypertext object has been selected.

1)  There is no information provided to indicate which link was
activated or selected.  This is because WinEvents doesn't provide event
info.  We fixed a similar problem by providing
IATable/IATable2::modelChange and IAText::new/oldText.  To fix this
problem we either could provide IAHyperText::activatedLink and
IAHyperText::selectedLink or require that the event should be fired from
the object implementing IAHyperLink rather than IAHyperText.  Are there
any issues with the latter?

2)  What does it mean for a link to be selected?  Is that of any use?

I am ccing the a11y group as one of the readers there may be familiar
with the second issue.

Thanks, Pete

--
*Pete Brunet*

a11ysoft - Accessibility Architecture and Development
(512) 238-6967 (work), (512) 689-4155 (cell)
Skype: pete.brunet
IM: ptbrunet (AOL, Google), ptbrunet at live.com (MSN)
http://www.a11ysoft.com/about/
Ionosphere: WS4G