[Accessibility] Accessibility meeting 9/22/04

George Kraft gk4 at swbell.net
Thu Sep 23 05:24:48 PDT 2004

> > Doug- we need to have 2 versions, we are documented what is current
> > practise?
>
> The FSG/LSB generally wants to see that a couple of implementations
> of a freely available (no strings attached for either commercial or
> non-commercial) item exists before it is brought into a standard. It
> would be nice if multiple packages/methods/libs exist that provide a
> common ABI for people to use. We do not produce new standards or libs
> for the most part. We look to adopt best and common practices.
>
> Doug

When we say a couple of versions, then we mean two or more Linux
distributions have deployed with it.   For example, if SLES and RHEL
have included the GAP upstream.  This would demonstrate that it is
(currently) accepted by the community at large.

http://lsbbook.gforge.freestandards.org/arch-checklist.html

http://www.linuxbase.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=24

--
George (gk4)