[agl-discussions] Genivi SOTA SoW update.

Feuer, Magnus mfeuer at jaguarlandrover.com
Mon Jun 1 16:49:28 UTC 2015

Colleagues,

Last week I've gone through the feedback from the SAT review of the SOTA
SoW. Their main concern were that the current specs are more centered on
the server than the client side, and that there is lacking integration
between the SOTA client and the Genivi Software Manager.

In order to address that, I will redo the SoW schematics to get it
integrated with the existing Software Management architecture. I will also
make a minor modification of the package installer-facing requirements so
that they interact with the Software Loading Manager instead of a generic
installer.

I will have a new draft out by Thursday June 4. Once completed, the RFQ
process starts in earnest and Philippe takes over.

Once I've handed over the SoW, I will shift my Genivi work toward the more
strategic goal of getting a Software Management compliance spec in place.
We will use the SOTA reference implementation as a learning experience in
order to extend and modify the SW Management architecture with the relevant
placeholder and abstract components. David Yates and Gunnar Anderson is
helping me to get started on this.

Sincerely,

/Magnus F.

-------------------

*System Architect - Open Software Initiative**Jaguar Land Rover*

*Email*: mfeuer at jaguarlandrover.com
*Mobile*: +1 949 294 7871

Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC
1419 NW 14th Ave, Portland, OR 97209
-------------------
Business Details:
Jaguar Land Rover Limited
Registered in England No: 1672070

This e-mail and any attachments contain confidential information for a
specific individual and purpose.  The information is private and privileged
and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please e-mail us immediately.  We
apologise for any inconvenience caused but you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying or distribution or the taking of any action in reliance
on the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.

This e-mail does not constitute an order for goods or services unless
accompanied by an official purchase order.