[agl-discussions] Contribution for CES demonstrator

Michael.Fabry at microchip.com Michael.Fabry at microchip.com
Tue Oct 20 10:31:00 UTC 2015

Hello all,

Right before the telco today, I like to give a short status and acknowledgement regarding our commitments for the CES showcase:

-          A physical HVAC device controlled by CAN or LIN
Currently we focus to get a real production, cut-open HVAC box
This will include the CAN network connected by an USB interface box
A Plug-In for AutomotiveMessageBroker (AMB)

-          An networked Stereo / 5.1 / 7.1 Amplifier (depending on your request)

This will include the MOST150 network connected by an USB network interface controller (no interface box needed)

A back-ported kernel driver

A daemon which sets up the network and configures the driver

Optional: Plug-In for AutomotiveMessageBroker if the MOST Audio Control App can be made available for the AGL-Distro

So far, our team has looked into the AMB implementation and likes the approach of abstracting the different networks for the upper layers. We definitely want to follow the AMB approach.
Questions are: When is the AMB available in the AGL-Distro and where to put it. Our suggestion would be the Automotive Subsystem - what do you think?

Then we started to back-port our driver included from version 4.3 of the mainline kernel to the LTSI one used by AGL-Distro. Christian yesterday struggled to allocate some stuff in the structure of the AGL-Distro Git repository- @Walt: Do you have some minutes after the telco to guide us through the jungle?

Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend the last telco but found a somewhat misleading point in a slide:
'Microchip has ALSA sound card for MOST audio that can be used'

In fact, we don't have a physical sound card- but it works like one: Our kernel driver will expose the audio-channel to the amplifier as an ALSA device.
That is, the MediaPlayer simply need to select this ALSA device for playback instead of the internal headphone one.

The same way the Ethernet portion of the MOST150 network can be accessed. Here a standard network card is exposed to the userspace. If you want, we could also add some TCP/IP devices in the network?

Last but not least, Video4Linux2 (V4L2) capture devices are available for video streaming. Networked applications like SmartAntenna (DVB-T), Cameras or video broadcasts to rear-seat displays.
However, not sure if the MediaManager can handle video content?

Best regards,
Michael

Microchip Technology Germany II GmbH & Co. KG

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Michael Fabry
Project Manager, Engineering

Emmy-Noether-Str. 14, 76131 Karlsruhe | Germany
Tel: +49 (0) 721 62537 0  Fax: +49 (0) 721 62537 119
michael.fabry at microchip.com<mailto:michael.fabry at microchip.com> | www.microchip.com<http://www.microchip.com>

Firmensitz: Ismaning
Registergericht: Amtsgericht München HRA 98692
Haftender Gesellschafter: Microchip Technology Germany GmbH, Ismaning
Geschäftsführer: Mohammed Nawaz Sharif, James Eric Bjornholt, Ulrich Hallerberg
Diese E-Mail kann vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Sie darf nicht durch andere als die ursprünglich genannten Adressaten genutzt, kopiert oder weitergeleitet werden.
This e-mail may contain confidential information and should not be used, copied or disclosed by anyone who is not the original intended recipient.