[agl-discussions] [RFC] IVI-Shell for AGL distribution (backport, older version)

Manuel Bachmann manuel.bachmann at iot.bzh
Mon Sep 28 14:21:29 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

As you all know, we are currently focusing on Yocto 1.7 for current
development.
It happened to me that our version of Weston was too old to support
IVI-Shell [1] - the reference IVI implementation of the UI protocol. Thus,
I dedicated a few hours to backport newest IVI-Shell to AGL Weston.

Here you can see the result : IVI-Shell running on a Renesas Koelsch board,
with the "agl-demo-platform" image  - with Weston and Qt 5.5 applications
running [2][3].

(Qt is possible, thanks to Tanikawa-San and Jan-Simo's amazing work [4] ; I
just upgraded it Qt to 5.5).

It still needs some polishing, though. Hence my question : if we want to
support this, is it preferable to backport the newest version -as I did- or
rebase upon the older external versions [5] that existed at the time ?

[1] :
https://github.com/Tarnyko/weston-ivi-shell/blob/weston150_ivi-shell_v6/README.md
[2] : http://iot.bzh/images/images/renesas_agl_ivi-shell-1.jpg
[3] : http://iot.bzh/images/images/renesas_agl_ivi-shell-2.jpg