[agl-discussions] Meeting minutes EG Connectivity AMM2016

Stephane Desneux stephane.desneux at iot.bzh
Tue Mar 8 17:06:13 UTC 2016

Hi Magnus,

I have a question regarding VSI: why is it necessary to re-invent a new
library for message passing ?

I understand that the limitations of DBUS should be avoided, but some
projects like nanomsg (http://nanomsg.org/index.html) are already
available and probably meet all the requirements.

Second point: you mean that the system should handle more than 30K
signals per second. Can you give us some examples of high frequency
signals that make DBUS unusable ? At some point, filtering or smart
routing could be considered to lower the bus traffic and keep only
significant signals routed to appropriate daemons but I need some real
examples to fully understand.

Thanks !
---
Stephane Desneux - CTO