[bitcoin-dev] Why Satoshi's temporary anti-spam measureisn't temporary

Raystonn . raystonn at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 29 20:23:51 UTC 2015

All of the properties you describe are also properties of many of the
alternative blockchains that currently exist.  In this space, Bitcoin gives
up these advantages.  Much like anywhere else where liquidity moves within a
system, value will move to the network of least friction.  The reality right
now is it's very easy to move value from Bitcoin to another blockchain with
less friction.  Because of this, there will never be a high value settlement
network created by an artificially imposed limit on transaction rate.  The
value will simply bleed out of Bitcoin to alternative blockchains offering
lower fees if this is attempted.  This is basic economics.