[Bitcoin-development] Block Size Increase

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Fri May 8 09:43:42 UTC 2015

> Alan argues that 7 tps is a couple orders of magnitude too low

By the way, just to clear this up - the real limit at the moment is more
like 3 tps, not 7.

The 7 transactions/second figure comes from calculations I did years ago,
in 2011. I did them a few months before the "sendmany" command was
released, so back then almost all transactions were small. After sendmany
and as people developed custom wallets, etc, the average transaction size
went up.