[bitcoin-dev] Hierarchical Deterministic Script Templates

Eric Lombrozo elombrozo at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 03:29:46 UTC 2015

A while back, I started working with William Swanson on a script
template format to allow for interoperability in accounts between
different wallets. We made some progress, but both of us got pretty busy
with other projects and general interest was still quite low.

It seems interest has picked up again, especially in light of recent
developments (i.e. CLTV, relative CLTV, bidirectional payment channels,
lightning), where nongeneralized script formats will not readily support
the rapidly advancing state-of-the-art in script design.

I have started working on a draft for such a standard:
https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/pull/246

Comments, suggestions, and collaboration are welcome.

- Eric