[bitcoin-dev] Bitcoin Core 0.12.0 release schedule

Wladimir J. van der Laan laanwj at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 11:25:56 UTC 2015

Hello all,

The next major release of Bitcoin Core, 0.12.0 is planned for the end of the year. Let's propose a more detailed schedule:

2015-11-01
-----------
- Open Transifex translations for 0.12
- Soft translation string freeze (no large or unnecessary changes)
- Finalize and close translation for 0.10

2015-12-01
- Feature freeze
- Translation string freeze

In December at least I will probably not get much done code-wise (Scaling Bitcoin Hongkong, 32C3, end of year festivities, etc), and I'm sure I'm not the only one, so let's leave that for last pre-RC bugfixes and polishing.

2016-01-06
- Split off `0.12` branch from `master`
- Start RC cycle, tag and release `0.12.0rc1`
- Start merging for 0.13 on master branch

2016-02-01