[bitcoin-dev] BIP149 timeout-- why so far in the future?

shaolinfry shaolinfry at protonmail.ch
Fri May 26 07:28:09 UTC 2017

I agree the date can be brought forward. FWIW, I originally set the date far out enough that people wouldn't immediately fixate on the date and rather look at the meat of the proposal instead.

Given that we saw around 70% of nodes upgrade to BIP141 in around 5/6 months, I dont see any reason why we cant reduce the date to being 6 months or less from Nov. Given people are starving for segwit to the point of running BIP148, there is good evidence the community will upgrade in record time to BIP149.

Sent from [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com), Swiss-based encrypted email.