[Ce-android-mainline] ram console proposal update and questions

Shuah Khan shuahkhan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 18:34:16 UTC 2012

I started testing android ram console driver on x86.

The location I chose is drivers/char - please let me know if there is
a better suitable location.
I started out with error leg testing by leaving EARLY_SIZE as at its
default value of 0. As expected it failed.
However, I expected it to fail with an error message that indicates
that the EARLY_SIZE is invalid. I plan to
make necessary changes to indicate what is really wrong.

[    0.000000] ram_console: buffer           (null), invalid size 0,
datasize 18446744073709551604

What are some of the values used on Android devices for this config parameter?

Thanks,
-- Shuah