[Ce-android-mainline] ram console proposal update and questions

Tim Bird tim.bird at am.sony.com
Tue Feb 21 21:46:59 UTC 2012

On 02/19/2012 01:05 PM, Shuah Khan wrote:

>> ECC is still there, but I took out all the config options. �In the
>> future drivers may want to customize the ECC options, but for now I
>> just defaulted them to sensible values (the same as the current
>> default values).
>
> Any chance I can get access to the early bits still in testing. I
> don't mind being on the bleeding edge.
>
> CONFIG_DEBUG_LL is ARM only option. Tim and others, any thoughts on
> EARLY_INIT support going away? Maybe the answer is bringing
> CONFIG_DEBUG_LL to a generic kernel.

Adding CONFIG_DEBUG_LL to other platforms would be nice, but is
out of scope for this work.  I tend to agree that using ram
console to debug early boot failures is a bit difficult.  You
can swap kernels, but that's usually a hassle.  So the evolution
in ram console which Colin described seems to make a lot of sense.
 -- Tim