[cgl_discussion] Re: [os_drivers] Re: [Desktop_architects] [Announce:] Creation of Open Source Device Drivers Information Site

Mary Edie Meredith maryedie at osdl.org
Mon Nov 14 11:50:48 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 19:10 +0100, Till Kamppeter wrote:
> Is this site meant for kernel drivers only? Or for drivers in general? I
> ask because I am maintaining linuxprinting.org, which is the principal
> information source about printer drivers. So if the site intends to list
> also printers, I think we should somehow cooperate. I think it is a good
> idea, to have one site to get compatibility and driver info for all
> types of hardware.

Since we want to make this a one-stop shopping place, if nothing else,
we should point to the linuxprinting.org site.  I can change the
"missing drivers" wiki page to point to any list you have of missing
printer drivers on Linux.

Beyond that, what other kinds of coordination would be needed?

Of course, I think _we will concentrate on developing kernel driver
information.  But if we find user-space driver information, I see no
reason why we should ignore it.  Seems like this would be very helpful
to the desktop folks...