pspace child_reaper

Cedric Le Goater clg at fr.ibm.com
Tue Aug 29 07:38:23 PDT 2006

Hello All,

Eric, in your initial proof of concept on the pid namespace, you were
defining a child_reaper per pid namespace.

IMO, we can't use init_task as a child_reaper in a pid namespace because we
will have pid collision which might result in a breakage of the init_task.

Here are some questions on the model you intended to follow :

Do you think we should have a child_reaper task per container ?
Could we use a kthread to do the job ?
Could that kthread be global to all pid namespace ?
Any completely different idea on the topic ?

thanks,

C.