Grr sysfs networking changes...

Daniel Lezcano dlezcano at fr.ibm.com
Tue Apr 3 04:19:56 PDT 2007

Kirill Korotaev wrote:
> Eric,
>
> can you please describe a bit what sysfs problems you experience and
> what approach you want to you to sysfs virtualization?
>
> Thanks,
> Kirill
>
> Eric W. Biederman wrote:
>
>> I've almost got my netns patchset rebased against linus's latest tree.
>> The sysfs changes were extensive and while I finally have something working with
>> them.  Every time I stop and think about my sysfs code I spot more issues that
>> need to be resolved.
>>
>> With any luck I should have something I can live with soon and I can finish
>> getting an updated version of my network namespace patchset out...

Great !

Can you describe what you are experiencing ?
I did a try to port the netns patchset to the latest -mm kernel and I
fall into some sysfs problems. It can be related to sysfs changes or I
could have made some mistakes while doing the port. Having the sysfs
problems you experience can help to find them :)
Can be the problems related to the usage of struct device instead of
struct class_device in some cases ?

Regards.

       -- Daniel