[patch 0/8] unprivileged mount syscall

Miklos Szeredi miklos at szeredi.hu
Wed Apr 11 03:44:33 PDT 2007

> 1. clone the master namespace.
>
> 2. in the new namespace
>
> 	move the tree under /share/$me to /
>         for each ($user, $what, $how) {
>             move /share/$user/$what to /$what
> 	    if ($how == slave) {
>                  make the mount tree under /$what as slave
>             }
>         }
>
> 3. in the new namespace make the tree under
>        /share as private and unmount /share

Thanks.  I get the basic idea now: the namespace itself need not be
shared between the sessions, it is enough if "share" propagation is
set up between the different namespaces of a user.

I don't yet see either in your or Viro's description how the trees
under /share/$USER are initialized.  I guess they are recursively
bound from /, and are made slaves.

Miklos