netns34

Benjamin Thery benjamin.thery at bull.net
Wed Aug 8 04:16:48 PDT 2007

Hi Eric,

I've cloned the repository and built the kernel.

Unshare support is broken. It misses a small change in sys_unshare()
to accept the CLONE_NEWNET flag.
I guess it should be added in commit "net: Add network namespace
clone & unshare support." (See attached patch below)

Also, have you removed the "sysfs interface support for moving devices =

between namespaces" on purpose?
Is there another way to move interfaces now?

Benjamin

Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> ebiederm at xmission.com (Eric W. Biederman) writes:
> =

>> Ok.  After a bunch of work I have my network namespace patches working
>> again against 2.6.23-rc2 or whatever is linus's latest.
>>
>> I need to break out my sysctl work and send that separately.
>>
>> I need to get veth in there and I need to get a patch to /sbin/ip
>> to work with Patrick McHardy's form of patches.
>>
>> But I think I am quickly approaching the point where I will have
>> patches ready for merging.
>>
>> Once I get sysctl sorted out I will start post a minimal patchset
>> for prereview and see where things go.
>>
>> Hopefully my sysfs work finally sticks this time.
> =

> And the important part the code will shortly be available at:
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ebiederm/linux-2.6-netns.gi=
t#netns/v2.6.23-rc2netns34
> =

> And also from the default head.
> =

> Eric
> =

> =

-- =

B e n j a m i n   T h e r y  - BULL/DT/Open Software R&D

    http://www.bull.com