netns34

Eric W. Biederman ebiederm at xmission.com
Wed Aug 8 07:57:20 PDT 2007

Benjamin Thery <benjamin.thery at bull.net> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> I've cloned the repository and built the kernel.
>
> Unshare support is broken. It misses a small change in sys_unshare()
> to accept the CLONE_NEWNET flag.
> I guess it should be added in commit "net: Add network namespace
> clone & unshare support." (See attached patch below)
>
> Also, have you removed the "sysfs interface support for moving devices between
> namespaces" on purpose?

More or less.

> Is there another way to move interfaces now?

I'm half way through the switch to using /bin/ip, and following of the
work the Patrick McHardy et all have doe.  The kernel side is there
(or it should be) but I haven't gotten the user space side built
and tested.

Migrating by exiting the namespace has worked well enough for testing
so I haven't worried about getting the user space side of things
working again.