containers mini-summit?

Serge E. Hallyn serue at us.ibm.com
Thu Aug 9 12:31:09 PDT 2007

Quoting Pavel Emelyanov (xemul at sw.ru):
> Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> >I just sent the next (final) version of the containers development
> >roadmap.  Eric Biederman and Paul Menage will be at kernel summit
> >representing this work.
> >
> >We had planned on having a containers mini-summit the day before the
> >kernel summit.  However interest in that appears as though it may be
> >too low to justify having a real mini-summit.
> >
> >So we have a few options:
> >
> >	1. we could have a mini-summit purely by phone.
> >	2. there is a possibility of using a part of a
> >	   conference room from LCE, if attendance will
> >	   be low.  However, having a phone line to include
> >	   those who cannot attend would be unlikely.
> >	3. if there is a large planned attendance, we could
> >	   continue to seek a separate venue for the
> >	   mini-summit.
> >
> >Who is interested in (a) attending the mini-summit in person, (b)
> >attending the mini-summit by phone, or (c) not interested?
>
> I will be there in person.

Still waiting to hear whether anyone other than yourself, Eric, and Paul
would be there...  If not, I assume you could meet in one of your hotel
rooms and dial into the phone meeting?  :)

> >For those interested in attending, what would you expect to happen at
> >the mini-summit?  a) discuss the roadmap to ensure everyone is
> >properly represented at the summit  b) go over pieces of functionality
> >from the roadmap and discuss implementation options, who is
> >interested in working on what, and possible timelines.  c) something
> >else.
>
> I think it would be good if someone makes a short presentation of
> what is already done and what is being developed now so that we all
> can have an overall picture in sight.

Hmm, so in front of the current 'roadmap' you'd like to see a list of
what's been accomplished so far?

I suppose that might be a good way of showing the community that this is
all work in progress and going along nicely, not brand-new development.
Pavel, do you mind writing that up?

Eric, do you mind at the mini-summit (or mini-summit phone call) going
over what you were going to present at the kernel summit?

thanks,
-serge