namespace support requires network modules to say "GPL"

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Sun Dec 2 11:56:42 PST 2007

On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 13:51:04 GMT, Alan Cox said:
> On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 16:30:35 -0800
> > I spoke too soon earlier, ndiswrapper builds and loads against current
> > 2.6.24-rc3. Vmware and proprietary VPN software probably do not. Once again I don't
> > give a damn, but the enterprise distro vendors certainly care.
>
> Enterprise distro vendors ship kernels from the 2.6.19 era, so I don't
> see why they care.

They don't care *now*.  They will care when they try to rev forward from .19.

Not that they'll care a *lot* - it took *me* all of about an hour to get VMware
Server 1.0.4 working under -rc3-mm2.  Probably will take an enterprise distro
4-5 hours, 30 mins for the port and 4 1/2 hours for the paperwork. :)