[patch 00/38] ipv6 per network namespace - intro

Daniel Lezcano dlezcano at fr.ibm.com
Mon Dec 3 08:54:57 PST 2007

This patchset provides the changes to make the ipv6 protocol to handle
multiple network namespaces.

There is a pre-requesite which is already merged in net-2.6.25, it is
the separate workq for the network namespace cleanup. It will
disappear when Denis will rebase the patchset to the latest
net-2.6.25.

The sysctl per net is not yet implemented (coming soon), the patchset
adds a flag to activate the network namespace only if sysctl is
disabled. It will be reverted as soon as we handle sysctl.

This subset makes per namespace:

  * inet6_addr
  * ip6_fib
  * fib6_rules
  * rt6_stats
  * rt6_info
  * route6
  * addrconf
  * ndisc

The minimum set of functionalities we have with this patchset allows
to setup the routes, ipv6 addresses per namespaces and check the proc
files are isolated.