[0/1] [patch -mm] Add containerstats (v3)

Balbir Singh balbir at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Jun 8 19:52:43 PDT 2007

Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 23:43:46 +0530
> Balbir Singh <balbir at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
>
>> This patch implements per container statistics infrastructure and re-uses
>> code from the taskstats interface.
>
> boggle.
>
> Symbol: CONTAINERS [=y]
>   Selected by: CONTAINER_DEBUG || CPUSETS && SMP || CONTAINER_CPUACCT
>
> Paul, that's just bizarre.  How come it was done this way?
>
> <struggles for a while, works out how to make CONFIG_CONTAINERS go away>
>
> OK, so taskstats.c still compiles, but I'm surprised.  Shouldn't all that
> newly-added container stuff in taskstats.c be inside CONFIG_CONTAINERS?

Hi, Andrew,

I've added a definition of containerstats_build() even when CONFIG_CONTAINERS
is turned off, it simply returns -EINVAL. That's why taskstats.c compiles,
I could add an #ifdef and move the containers commands under CONFIG_CONTAINERS,
but I felt taskstats.c could be clean without any #ifdef's hanging around
(as much as possible).

In the next iteration, I could move out all the code to containerstats.c
and make containerstats.c depend on CONFIG_CONTAINERS

--
	Warm Regards,
	Balbir Singh