[patch -rss] Make RSS accounting display more user friendly

Paul Menage menage at google.com
Fri Jun 22 08:39:50 PDT 2007

On 6/21/07, Pavel Emelianov <xemul at openvz.org> wrote:

> Nothing wrong, but currently they are shown in "natural" points, i.e. in
> those that the controller accounts them in. For RSS controller the natural
> point is "page", but auto-converting them from pages to bytes is wrong, as
> not all the controllers account in pages.

This exposes more implementation detail than I think is good.
Something like a memory controller should use a more abstract
interface like bytes, and do the conversion to/from its internal
"natural" units like pages internally. E.g. the example cpu accounting
controller that I included with my patch set reports usage in
milliseconds, even though it counts internally in jiffies.

Paul