Pid namespaces problems

Denis V. Lunev den at sw.ru
Thu Nov 8 02:53:02 PST 2007

Daniel Lezcano wrote:

>  * the first one is the locking of the network namespace list by
> rtnl_lock, so from the timer callback we can not browse the network
> namespace list to check the age of the routes. It is a problem I would
> like to talk with Denis if he has time

>From my point of view, the situation is clear. The timer should be
per/namespace. The situation is completely different as one in IPv4.

>  * the loopback refcounting is not correctly handled in ipv6. This
> protocol do not expect to have the loopback to be unregistered, so there
> is some problem with the addr_ifdown function when exiting the network
> namespace

I think that default routing targets and similar staff should be
dynamically allocated as a start and submitted now. No need to wait
NETNS infrastructure. I have sent similar cleanup for fib rules
recently. No answer from David yet.