net-2.6.25-netns branch on git.openvz.org

Daniel Lezcano dlezcano at fr.ibm.com
Thu Nov 15 05:20:15 PST 2007

Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
> Daniel Lezcano wrote:
>> Denis V. Lunev wrote:
>>> Hi, All!
>>>
>>> I have ported what is ready to send to netdev to 2.6.25 and created
>>> appropriate branches on git.openvz.org, namely
>>> - net-2.6.25 aka Miller's 2.6.25 tree
>>> - net-2.6.25-netns with ready patches
>> resyncing ... thanks :)
>>
>> I will send in a few moments a first round for ipv6 taking into account
>> ip6_fib.
>>
>> There some other pending patches I will send, I hope before the end of
>> the week.
>>
>> I am a little lost with what we want to send for net-2.6.25. I mean we
>> planned to send af_unix, af_packet, af_netlink, af_inet and af_inet6.
>
> Theoretically we'd like all of this :) Actually now we're ready to send
> the first 3 only.
>
>> What is the level of functionnality we want to provide with ipv4 and
>> ipv6. For example we have addresss autoconfiguration for ipv6, shall we
>> send it ?
>>
>> What about the todo list Pavel planned to do ?
>
> If you mean the patches I wanted to send to Andrew - I've sent 6 of
> them :) Do you have any plans for my schedule ;) ?

You mentioned in an email to have a git repository at openvz and to make
a todo list with the items for the network namespace.

Ah, got the email with the sentence ;)

"Yes, of course. When we publish the git repo we'll try to provide a
TODO list so that everyone can participate."

I can send a first draft if you want.