[NETNS] Oops in register_pernet_operations() with CONFIG_NET_NS=n

Benjamin Thery benjamin.thery at bull.net
Thu Oct 25 08:10:38 PDT 2007

Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> Benjamin Thery <benjamin.thery at bull.net> writes:
>
>> Denis V. Lunev wrote:
>>> The patch attached should help. The idea is simple. The "init" should be
>>> called only once without NETNS. Period. No need for any lists.
>> This is the kind of idea I had but I didn't think it could be
>> that simple. :)
>> Thanks Denis.
>
> It isn't.
>
>>> I'll resend it to Dave after the ACK.
>> Tested on x86_64 with CONFIG_NET_NS=n and y.
>> It fixes the issue we observed.
>>
>> Acked-by: Benjamin Thery <benjamin.thery at bull.net>
>
> Try rmmod.

rmmod was part of my tests and it does work.
I did:

$ iptables --list

  modules x_tables, ip_tables & iptable_filter are loaded
  each calling register_pernet_subsys.

$ rmmod iptable_filter ip_tables x_tables

  No problem here

$ iptables --list

  To be sure I can load the modules again.

> Eric
> -

B e n j a m i n   T h e r y  - BULL/DT/Open Software R&D

   http://www.bull.com