Q: How complete is the pid namespace in mainline

Cedric Le Goater clg at fr.ibm.com
Fri Oct 26 01:52:38 PDT 2007

Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> Guys how complete do you fee the pid namespace support is that
> has been merged into Linus's tree?
>
> My impression until I started reading through code earlier today
> was that the support was just about done except for a couple of
> tricky details.

Yes It looks sane.

Here's what I have in mind :

* there are some patches from suka that make sure the pid namespace init
  is not getting abusively killed by one of this children
* the pid cleanup is not complete
	. locks
	. kthread (i should work soon on improving kthread to support
          signals)

IMO, the proc mount shouldn't be under the pid namespace. we will
need that sooner or later.

C.