[RFC][patch 8/11][CFQ-cgroup] Control cfq_data per cgroup

Satoshi UCHIDA s-uchida at ap.jp.nec.com
Fri Apr 4 02:46:53 PDT 2008

Hi,

> On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 11:20 PM, Satoshi UCHIDA <s-uchida at ap.jp.nec.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >  So that you say, root subsystem state maybe keep a reference locally.
> >  For example, create a variable for root subsystem state and
> >  store the pointer when making subsystem state first.
>
> Yes, that's what I'm suggesting.
>

> >  However, I think that it is smart to calculate root group of subsystems
> >  when needing its information.
>
> I don't see why it's better to go through the cgroup subsystem to
> retrieve the reference.

If program have temporary data, it may cause inconsistency.
I think that information should be referred to original(control mechanism).

Information of cgroup is controlled at cgroup subsystem (and cgroupfs_root).
So, I think that it's better to query into cgroup subsystem.

Now, cgroup susbsystem would not change root group.
Therefore, system would also runs by your suggestion.

I will consider this issue.

Thanks,
 Satoshi UCHIDA.