[RFC][-mm] [0/2] Basic stats for cgroups V2

Paul Menage menage at google.com
Tue Apr 8 07:52:16 PDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 6:49 AM, Balaji Rao <balajirrao at gmail.com> wrote:

>  We are also looking at a generic framework in cgroups that would delegate the
>  job of handling statistics to the cgroup framework itself. This would avoid
>  code duplication across various controllers.

Yes, avoiding code duplication is good.

On thing - when you say "statistics" do you mean all statistics (i.e.
all values that can be read from control files) or specifically
arrays/maps of values in specific control files? I'm using it to mean
the former, but you appear to be mostly referring to stats maps such
as "memory.stat" or "cpu.stat".

Paul