[RFC][-mm] [2/2] Simple stats for memory resource controller

KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki kamezawa.hiroyu at jp.fujitsu.com
Mon Apr 28 22:42:08 PDT 2008

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 23:33:05 +0530
Balbir Singh <balbir at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> The statistics was added as a part of git commit
> d52aa412d43827033a8e2ce4415ef6e8f8d53635. I'll go ahead and try to document
> them. These patches piggy back on the statistics patches and add pagein/pageout
> counts, which is a useful statistic for the memory controller.

I'm sorry for lack of documentation.
BTW, when you adds documentation on this pagein/pageout, please make it clear

1. pagein means a new page is newly acconted to this cgrop, doesn't means
   a page is read from disk.
2. pageout means a page is dropped from this cgroup, doesn't means a page
   is written into disk.

So, pagein/pageout is a bit ambiguous. I'm happy if you find better names.

Thanks,
-Kame