[Testing CGROUP inside CONTAINER]: BUG#1

gowrishankar gomuthuk at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Dec 4 05:25:40 PST 2008

Hi Rishi,
Rishikesh K. Rajak wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Recently i have started using tool (lxc-0.4.1.tar.gz) for container
> creation released by Daniel. I am not sure if inside container, cgroup
> support is there or not. If it is not supported till now then here is
>
> the point where we can start to look into it.
>
> Steps executed:
>
>     - create a container : lxc-create -f /etc/lxc-no-netns.conf -n xray
>         rishi :~ # cat /etc/lxc-no-netns.conf
>             # Container with non-virtualized network
>              lxc.utsname = delta
>     -  Execute container
>         :~ # lxc-execute -n xray /bin/bash
>         delta:~ #
>     -  Execute the following command inside container
>      delta:~ # mkdir /cpu
>      delta:~ # mount -t cgroup -ocpu cgroup /cpu
>
>     -   delta:~ # cat /cpu/tasks
>
>     - You can see many zero's has attached with task file inside
> container.

It is expected behaviour of container, as PIDs in other namespaces will
always be shown as 0.
So here, these 0s are from system ns (probably, as you had only system
ns and delta ns).
I have been trying to fix for "for_each_process" macro related stuff wrt
container code, yet I ll check out
if I am right, as I am also curious now.
> As i can understand cgroup has been mounted inside container so it
> should attach the task which is running inside container. Please correct

Yes. and it is doing already. Only problem is unwanted 0s. Loot at the
bottom of list you get
while cat. you see numbers other than 0,which are container processes.
> me if i am wrong here.
>
> Additional info:
>
> rishi:~ # cat /boot/config-2.6.27.7-4-pae | grep CGROUP
> CONFIG_CGROUPS=y
> # CONFIG_CGROUP_DEBUG is not set
> CONFIG_CGROUP_NS=y
> CONFIG_CGROUP_DEVICE=y
> CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y
> CONFIG_CGROUP_SCHED=y
> CONFIG_CGROUP_CPUACCT=y
> CONFIG_CGROUP_MEM_RES_CTLR=y
> rishi:~ # cat /boot/config-2.6.27.7-4-pae | grep _NS
> CONFIG_CGROUP_NS=y
> CONFIG_UTS_NS=y
> CONFIG_IPC_NS=y
> CONFIG_USER_NS=y
> CONFIG_PID_NS=y
> CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_NETBIOS_NS=m
> CONFIG_NSC_FIR=m
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_NS87415=m
> CONFIG_SCSI_NSP32=m
> CONFIG_PATA_NS87410=m
> CONFIG_PATA_NS87415=m
> CONFIG_NS83820=m
> CONFIG_GAMEPORT_NS558=m
> CONFIG_NSC_GPIO=m
> CONFIG_TCG_NSC=m
> CONFIG_NCPFS_NFS_NS=y
> CONFIG_NCPFS_OS2_NS=y
> rishi:~ # uname -a
> Linux rishi 2.6.27.7-4-pae #1 SMP 2008-11-25 00:02:37 +0100 i686 i686
> i386 GNU/Linux
> rishi:~ #
>

> - Rishi

Thanks for reporting.