Network namespace and tc?

Daniel Lezcano dlezcano at fr.ibm.com
Thu Feb 14 00:37:25 PST 2008

Denis V. Lunev wrote:
> Hello, Stephen!
>
> Namespaces are not fully implemented yet :) Right now we we have only
> basic infrastructure in the mainstream and, currently, we can't even run
> TCP in different namespace :( We hope this will be changed very soon.
>
> These marks (net != &init_net) are used to
> - mark places we need to modify
> - ensure that we do not break initial namespace.
>
> Regards,
> 	Den
>
> On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 15:59 -0800, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
>> It looks like tc filter won't work on alternate namespaces:
>> /* Add/change/delete/get a filter node */
>>
>> static int tc_ctl_tfilter(struct sk_buff *skb, struct nlmsghdr *n, void *arg)
>> {
>>
>> 	if (net != &init_net)
>> 		return -EINVAL;
>>

>> Haven't played with namespace virtualization yet, but what else is
>> not supported?  Where is this documented?

I wrote some documentation here:

http://lxc.sourceforge.net/network.php

That talk about configuration, bench, etc ...

Your question make me feel I should add a matrix with the current state
of the network namespace, what is in, what is done but not merged yet,
what is planned and what is not planned.

Thanks for paying attention at this.

   -- Daniel

Sauf indication contraire ci-dessus:
Compagnie IBM France
Siège Social : Tour Descartes, 2, avenue Gambetta, La Défense 5, 92400
Courbevoie
RCS Nanterre 552 118 465
Forme Sociale : S.A.S.
Capital Social : 542.737.118 ?