[patch 0/4] [RFC] Another proportional weight IO controller

Paolo Valente paolo.valente at unimore.it
Tue Nov 18 23:09:22 PST 2008

Nauman Rafique ha scritto:

> I think "time only budget" vs "sector budget" is dependent on the
> definition of fairness: do you want to be fair in the time that is
> given to each cgroup or fair in total number of sectors transferred.
> And the appropriate definition of fairness depends on how/where the IO
> scheduler is used. ...

Just a general note: as Fabio already said, switching back to time
budgets in BFQ would be (conceptually) straightforward.
However, we will never get fairness in bandwidth distribution if we work
(only) in the time domain.

| Paolo Valente              |                            |
| Algogroup                  |                            |
| Dip. Ing. Informazione     | tel:   +39 059 2056318     |
| Via Vignolese 905/b	     | fax:   +39 059 2056199     |
| 41100 Modena               | 				  |
|     home:  http://algo.ing.unimo.it/people/paolo/       |