[Devel] Re: Write Error: No space left on device

Mukesh G mukgbv at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 05:57:09 PDT 2008

Hi
 Thanks for the help... I got cpu, memory cgroups at least mounted... I got
a basic task (my shell) assigned to cpu cgroup, memory cgroup

mount -t cgroup -o cpu none /container/cpu
mount -t cgroup -o memory none /container/memory
mount -t cgroup -o cpuset none /container/cpuset

Each of the sub-directories have files that can be modified for a designated
purpose....

The questions that I am now trying to resolve

a)Definition of cpu.shares?
   the default value is 1024. What is the max? What is the relation b/w cpu
cores, freq of the cores etc...? What is 1 cpu share worth?
b) What is the relation between cpuset.cpu* values and cpu cgroup?
c) What is the relation between cpuset.mem* values and memory cgroup?

Thanks in advance

Mukesh