ice old lady goat. And

Stapels Threadgill imminency at savalino.com
Wed Dec 30 13:37:33 PST 2009

And lots of brushes, little and big, and more putty and paint, and oh! I
don't know what all. "Now this is how the painter monkey does it," said
Brighteyes. "He takes a brush, and he dips it in the paint pot, and then
he lets some of the loose paint fall off, and then he wiggles the brush
up and down and sideways and across the middle on the boards of the
house, and--it's painted." "I see," said Grandpa, and then, before he
could stop her, Brighteyes took one of the painter monkey's brushes, and
dipped it into a pot of the pink paint. And she leaned over too far, and
the first thing you know she fell right into that pink paint pot,
clothes, toothache and all! What do you think of that? "Oh! Oh! Oh!" she
cried, as soon as she could get her breath. "This is awful--terrible!"
"It certainly is!" said Grandpa Croaker. "But never mind, Brighteyes.
I'll help you out. Don't cry." So he fished her out with his cane, and
he took some rags, and some turpentine, and he cleaned off the pink
paint as best he could, and then he took Brighteyes into the house, and
the little guinea pig girl put on clean clothes, and then she looked as
good as ever, except that there were some spots of pink paint on her
nose. "Never mind," said Grandpa, as he gave her a sugar cookie, and
just then Mrs. Pigg came back with the doctor's medicine. "Why--why!"
exclaimed Brighteyes as she kissed her mother, "my toothache has all
stopped!" and, surely enough it had. I guess it got scared because of
the pink paint and went away. Anyhow the tooth didn't ache any more, and
the next day Brighteyes went to the dentist's and had it pulled. And the
painter monkey didn't mind about the paint that was spilled, and Mrs.
Pigg didn't mind about Brighteyes's dress being spoiled, and they all
thought Grandpa Croaker was as kind as he could be, and he didn't mind
because his cane