Can not remove the subdirectory in cgroup pseudo-filesystem

anqin anqin.qin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 09:24:16 PDT 2009

Dear all,

I have met a straight problem in my recent operation.
Previously, I can do the following operations:

# mount -t cgroup cgroup /mnt/cgrp
# cd /mnt/cgrp
# mkdir test
# echo $$ > test/tasks
# rm  -rf test

but now I met the straight permission with the same
operation while I am root:

# mount -t cgroup cgroup /mnt/cgrp
# cd /mnt/cgrp
# mkdir test
# echo $$ > test/tasks
-bash: echo: write error: No space left on device
# rm  -rf test
rm: cannot remove `/mnt/cgrp/test/cpuset.memory_spread_slab':
Operation not permitted
rm: cannot remove `/mnt/cgrp/test/cpuset.memory_spread_page':
Operation not permitted
rm: cannot remove `/mnt/cgrp/test/cpuset.memory_pressure': Operation
not permitted

I guess maybe the permission attributes block my operation, but I
checked with lsattr
and got the following message:

# lsattr /mnt/cgrp/test
lsattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device While reading flags on
/mnt/cgrp/test/cpuset.memory_spread_slab
lsattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device While reading flags on
/mnt/cgrp/test/cpuset.memory_spread_page
lsattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device While reading flags on
/mnt/cgrp/test/cpuset.memory_pressure

I have no idea how to fix it. Any help?

Thank you very much,

Anqin