pidns memory leak

Cedric Le Goater legoater at free.fr
Mon Nov 2 23:24:30 PST 2009

On 11/02/2009 11:47 PM, Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 16:38:18 -0600
> "Serge E. Hallyn" <serue at us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
>>> This bug hasn't been fixed yet, has it?
>>
>> Well Suka did trace the bug to commit 7766755a2f249e7, and posted a patch
>> to revert that, acked by Eric on Oct 20.  Suka, were you going to repost
>> that patch?
>
> Ah.  OK.  Thanks.  Found it in the backlog pile.

We've added the patch to our patchset and we confirm that the pid_* leaks have
been reduced to 'nearly' nothing but we still have a lot of inodes and dentries
leaks. I hope to find some time to investigate and reproduce with a small
scenario, we are running a LTP like testsuite in a container environment.

Also, Alexey had questions about it.

C.