[RFC] Mount point suggestions for cgroup

Gabor Gombas gombasg at sztaki.hu
Wed Nov 4 08:38:20 PST 2009

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 09:35:30PM +0530, Balbir Singh wrote:

> Yep, but hasn't the pollution already occured with /dev/cpuset today?
> sysfs would require work for changes to /sys, so do we go with Kame's
> suggestion of /cgroup?

debugfs is already under /sys.

If /dev is not popular, then how about dedicating a location (say
/kernel) as a base for mounting virtual file systems? So cgroups can get
/kernel/cgroup. hugetlbfs is often mounted on /dev/hugepages but that
does not seem to be standardized as well, so it could be the second
citizen under /kernel. configfs could be moved there too. Having a
different rule for every new virtual fs does not seem to be a good
idea...

Gabor