[RFC] Mount point suggestions for cgroup

Paul Menage menage at google.com
Wed Nov 4 09:19:18 PST 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 10:40 PM, KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki
<kamezawa.hiroyu at jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Then, to say my own not-seriously-considered idea, I vote for
>  - /cgroup/[HierarchyName]/
> rather than /dev/ or /sys or /opt. This sounds straightforward.

We're using /dev/cgroup (for single mounts) or
/dev/cgroup/$hierarchy_name (for multiple-mount configurations) but
that's mostly just due to the historical accident of /dev/cpuset. So
/cgroup/$hierarchy_name sounds plausible, or /kernel/cgroup/... as
suggested in another email.

Paul