lxc-start: Device or resource busy - failed to remove previous cgroup

Dwight Schauer dschauer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 07:21:42 PST 2010

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 4:40 AM, Daniel Lezcano <daniel.lezcano at free.fr> wrote:
> Did you check the file /cgroup/<name>/tasks is empty ? it's probably a dumb
> question, but just in case :)

Ok, since this is easy enough to reproduce, I got it into this state again.

$ cat /cgroup/arch64-1/tasks
$

it is empty

> Can you give the content of cat /proc/slabinfo  | grep namespace ? Does the
> number of objects reach zero ? (assuming you have just one container).

cat /proc/slabinfo  | grep namespace
pid_namespace          4      6   2112    3    2 : tunables   24   12
  8 : slabdata      2      2      0
net_namespace          0      0   1984    2    1 : tunables   24   12
  8 : slabdata      0      0      0

I have two containers, but only one was started and stopped this session.

> Maybe I am missing something, but I suspect a bug in the kernel. Can you
> check if that happens with a more recent kernel ?

Ok, yes, I'll do that.

Dwight