container sharing /proc/kmsg???

Jean-Marc Pigeon jmp at safe.ca
Tue Jan 12 14:09:55 PST 2010

Hello,

	I have done a small utility to build containers
	using kernel API 'clone' available with kernel-2.6.31.
	So far I am able to run more than 30 different
	distribution (from rh7.3 -> fc12) on the same
	host.
	(ftp://ftp.safe.ca/pub/linux/vzgot to know more.)

	Everything is working fine...

	Except seems HOST and all containers share the
	SAME /proc/kmsg, meaning kernel syslog information
	are scrambled (useless).

	Namely, I have in iptables, reject packet logging
	on the HOST, as soon rsyslog is started on one
	container, I can't see my reject packet log anymore.

	Also, container have their own iptables with reject
	packet logging which are not displayed too.

	Am I wrong/forgetting something about the /proc/kmsg
	sharing?

	If I am right, should ALL /proc/kmsg be isolated from
	each other???

	How could it be done??

--
A bientôt