[RFC] c/r: 32-bit support on x86-64

serue at us.ibm.com serue at us.ibm.com
Mon Jan 25 17:48:11 PST 2010

The first patch is a resend from friday, and should be applied to
v19.  The second patch I think should be applied to v19 as well,
as it will prevent accidental attempts to restart a 64-bit image
with a 32-bit restart, and vice versa.

The third patch I think does things which need to be done, but
it doesn't yet get 32-bit restart on x86-64 fully working.  In
particular, I always get a segfault in VDSO in __kernel_vsyscall().
What is odd is that the registers seem right, the segfault is at
the right address, and gdb shows that the right instructions are
at the faulting address - so the reason for the segfault is still a
complete mystery to me.