iscences I am impressed in a singular fash

Antonson Yochim forth at comcraft.com.sg
Fri Mar 26 13:42:20 PDT 2010

Duct, and to keep for one's self more than half the money recovered for
a client seems to me to be bordering on the unethical.
But perhaps I am hypersqueamish. Of course we had a great deal of the
ordinary "knock-down-and-drag-
out" variety of assault, robbery, theft,

and homicide cases. Most of these our clerks attended to, but
the murder cases Gottlieb defended
in person, and in this he was so singularly successful that
there was hardly a celebrated trial in which he was not retained
in some capacity or other. For he was an adept in all those little
arts that make a jury feel well disposed toward a lawyer, and as a word
artist he was unsurpassed. Gottlieb
could,

I believe, have wrung tears from a lump of
pig iron, and his own capacity to open the floodgates of emotion was
phenomenal. He had that rare and priceless gift shared by some members
of the theatrical profession of being able to shed real tears at will.
His sobs and groans were

truly heart-rending. This, as might be expected, rendered him
peculiarly telling in