ckpt-v20-dev, ckpt-v21-rc1

Serge E. Hallyn serue at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 31 10:33:39 PDT 2010

Quoting Oren Laadan (orenl at cs.columbia.edu):

> I pulled all the recent patches in linux-cr (except for ipv6 fixup
> set), and created the following two branches:
>
> ckpt-v20-dev - patches applied onto pof v20
> ckpt-v21-rc1 - patches folded into a clean patchset
>
> Likewise with user-cr (but with more exceptions - working now on
> pulling more patches in).
>
> This is totally untested except for successful compilation...
>
> Oren.

v21 with the recent patches applied seems rock-solid to me, on
x86-64, s390x, and powerpc.

recent patches means:
	skip down interfaces v2,
	put fops->checkpoint under ifdef
	get rid of ckpt_hdr_vpids,
	export net checkpoint fns

for kernel and

	Add --nonetns switch to user-cr checkpoint
	fix vpids
	user-c/r: get rid of ckpt_hdr_vpids

to user-cr#ckpt-v20-dev

Do we want to try and incorporate Matt's patchset to clear out
linux-2.6/checkpoint/ next, or ship what we have?

-serge