cpu shielding.

atp Andrew.Phillips at lmax.com
Tue Feb 7 09:02:54 UTC 2012

Serge,

> I'm afraid I haven't been following recent upstream discussions on
> this, but there are other people who want proc to show cgroup-limited
> information.  See for instance http://lwn.net/Articles/460310/ .  Glauber
> has also brought this up since then.  I'd recommend pinging him.
>
> I'm all for /proc showing cgroup-filtered information, unconditionally.

 I'll check with him, and report back. Having looked at how openvz
handles this, it seems that to do this comprehensively - even just for
cpu shielding is not a quick fix.

 Andy

--
Andrew Phillips
Head of Systems

Direct: +44 (0)203 192 2509
Mobile: +44 (0)7595 242 900

LMAX, Yellow Building, 1A Nicholas Road,  London, W11 4AN

The information in this e-mail and any attachment is confidential and is intended only for the named recipient(s). The e-mail may not be disclosed or used by any person other than the addressee, nor may it be copied in any way. If you are not a named recipient please notify the sender immediately and delete any copies of this message. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. Any view or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.